A toy project demonstrating browser-to-application communication.
[server github] [ui github] [live demo]
- Teacher friend asked “how could I share my pupil’s scripts with
instead. However, most schools focus on python.
- I was interested in seeing how modern web technologies
(e.g. Websockets) could be combined with the process forking offered
by operating systems
- I used the problem as an exercise for learning inter-process
communication and websockets
- Hacked together a basic prototype in Clojure, followed by proting
that prototype over to Java (+ NUProcess) to make long-term casual
- Ideas learnt during this toy project (e.g. process launching)
inspired me to write Jobson