I’ve been distracted by other things going on, but I finally managed to spend an evening or two adding actual games into textadventuer.
The following games were added:
- Droids (a text adventure game), python3, I found here
- DUNGEON (Zork 1), native C application, One of the earliest interactive fiction computer games ever made (wiki). I compiled the open-source port of it for Textadventurer
- Descent Into Evil, python2, I found it on Tyler Kershner’s blog
- Zork-py, python3, A fan’s interpretation of Zork (above) that I found here
- Python Text Adventure Game, python2, someone’s collage project that I found here
- little-dungeon, python2, posted on reddit with accompanying source
One thing the game search did for me was find similar platforms. I should’ve looked before hacking away at textadventuer because some of those platforms (e.g. http://textadventures.co.uk/) are very well made. Some even use clever tricks like emulating DosBox in the browser. However, I’m yet to come across a platform that can run any application via a browser (textadventuer’s “USP”, if you will), so hopefully other developers will find the server and UI source helpful if they have an idea along those lines.